Obesity is a growing concern in the world. Increased weight increased your risk for heart attack, stroke, diabetes, joint problems, pain, inflammation, and many other health conditions.
I have tried so many diets
Let’s face it. Diets typically don’t work in the long run. They may help you lose some weight, but once the diet is over, you usually gain back the weight, plus a little bit more. There is something wrong here.
Weight loss tips
Here are some tips that may help with weight loss. Remember there are 3 important things to consider with a good weight loss program. The first is eating healthy foods that will give you plenty of energy. The second is a good exercise program that is simple and does not take a lot of time. The third is to take a look at your body chemistry to make sure it is balanced. And of course, make sure you have a good support system in place.
- Drink 2 large glasses of water as soon as you can after waking
- Eat a high-protein breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up
- A 2 or 3 egg omelet with spinach, mushrooms and onions. Add a handful of walnuts, and you’ve got a great breakfast
- Avoid toast, bread, pancakes, fruit or other sugary foods
- Eat plenty of vegetables. This should be your staple.
- Eat SMASH fish (Salmon, Mackeral, Anchovies, Sardines, Herring) 3 times per week
- Eat nuts, seeds and berries
- Stay away from candy, chips, and other snack foods
- Consider, instead, carrot sticks or other finger-friendly veggies and fruits as snacks.
- When shopping, shop along the perimeter of the store, and avoid the middle isles.
- Limit your alcohol
- Drink plenty of water, but not during meals
- Check out these detox recipes–they’re not just for detox, but for healthy eating
- Walk 12,000 steps each day
- Use a high-intensity interval training or burst training workout
- Sprint for 30-60 seconds
- You can do this on a stationary bike if you don’t like running
- You should feel agony for the last 3 seconds of the sprint
- After the sprint, rest for 1 minute, then repeat 3 to 4 times
- The workout should take less than 20 minutes
- Do this 3 to 4 times per week (every other day)
- Consider high-intensity exercise in a swimming pool
- Sprint for 30-60 seconds
- Consider a personal trainer
- Play an intense sport that you enjoy several times per week
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Shepherd to start your weight loss program
- Complete a simple lab test that looks at your body’s energy-producing systems
- Make sure you are getting the right nutrients for your body to function optimally
- Consider supplements as needed to balance your body chemistry
- Consider a detox program that is based on whole foods, like the SP Detox Program
- Tell all your family and friends your goals
- Find a weight-loss buddy
- Someone who will take this journey with you
- Someone who will participate in the weight loss program with you
- Find a health coach
- Someone who will reach out to you regularly
- Someone who will keep you accountable
- Find a health care professional that will take the time to explain what to do… and why